VINCI Airports rewarded for its quality of service
- Porto, Ponta Delgada and Guanacaste airports voted “best airports” in their region
- In all, 9 airports in the VINCI Airports network are distinguished in Portugal, Chile, Costa Rica, Serbia and the United States
- Digitalization, sense-of-place and trust: pillars of VINCI Airports' model
VINCI Airports ranks nine airports in its network this year among the best in the world in terms of quality of service in the ACI rankings (Airport Council International), which are the world reference in terms of airport service quality.
The airports of Porto and Ponta Delgada, Portugal, as well as Guanacaste, Costa Rica, were named the best airports in their region ("ASQ Best airport by size and region" award).
In addition, ACI awards the "Voice of Customer" recognition, based in passenger’s votes, to the airports of Lisbon, Porto, Faro, Ponta Delgada and Madeira in Portugal, Santiago in Chile, Guanacaste in Costa Rica, Belgrade Nikola Tesla in Serbia, and Atlanta International in the USA (VINCI Airports operates Terminals E and F through its American subsidiary TBI Airport Management).
Finally, the airports of Porto, Belgrade Nikola Tesla and Guanacaste are also distinguished for the quality of the sanitary measures implemented as part of VINCI Airports' global "Protecting Each Other" campaign.
This new success illustrates the effectiveness of VINCI Airports' quality of service strategy, which is based on three pillars common to all its airports:
- Digitalization, including biometrics, robotization and chatbots. Objective: to better understand the expectations of passengers, better inform them, streamline their journey and better assist them.
- The "sense-of-place", which consists in making airports feature their territory through an identity, a commercial offer and a decoration that value local specificities.
- Confidence: this year, VINCI Airports continued its health safety campaign, certified by Bureau Veritas and the ACI, throughout its network.
Nicolas Notebaert, CEO of VINCI Concessions and President of VINCI Airports, commented:
"the experience passengers get at the airport has become an important step in their journey, and even more so in this period of recovery. At VINCI Airports, our quality of service programme involves all our airports around the world. The diversity of our network and the sharing of expertise allows us to increase the efficiency of our operations and make the travel experience ever smoother, more enjoyable and safer".